School Caretaker - Haddenham Community Infant School
We are looking for a flexible Caretaker to join our wonderful team at HCIS. They will be responsible for all aspects of site management including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the fabric and grounds of the school.
Reporting to: School Business Manager
Start date: End of January 2024
Salary Type: Bucks pay
Salary details: Range 2 £21,879 - £23961 FTE
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 25 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (7.00am – 10am & 3.00pm – 5.00pm term time, hours to be negotiated during the school holidays)
Closing date: 01/12/2023 00:00
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 4th December 2023
We have high expectations of all our pupils and our aim is for every child to achieve their potential. Through our creative approach, our children experience a wide variety of opportunities. We are committed to developing our children to become thoughtful and confident individuals. The community is at the heart of our school and we have strong partnerships which enrich our children’s learning.
About the role
Caretaking responsibilities includes security, cleanliness, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor repairs, advising the School Business Manager on suggested improvements to the general school environment, to improve the productivity of site management and to carry out pre-planned maintenance programmes.
Ensuring that all school sites are maintained in a safe, clean and secure condition as required, and undertaking such tasks as may be necessary for effective site management.
• Able to carry out routine maintenance, including basic plumbing and minor electrical repairs/replacements.
• Able to carry out redecoration and refurbishment of classrooms and other work areas.
• Able to move furniture as required.
• Able to carry out general gardening duties.
• Able to carry out clerical duties in relation to the job.
• Effective communication skills.
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Able to plan own work and deliver work efficiently.
• Able to identify problems and present appropriate solutions.
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others.
• Able to prioritise
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Able to work flexibly
• Show appropriate consideration for the needs and feelings of others
• Understand the importance of maintaining security of information and confidentiality
• Willingness to undertake professional development and training
• Willingness to participate in extra-curricular activities/events
Please send completed application forms to the email address below.
Tel No: 01844 291207
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Haddenham Community Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.