British Values Statement
British Values Statement - Haddenham Community Infant School
Haddenham Community Infant School is committed to serving its community and surrounding areas. We recognise the multi-cultural, multi-faith nature of the United Kingdom and understand the crucial role our school plays in promoting these values.
We encourage admissions from all those who wish to be educated under British law regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status. We are a school for all.
This statement outlines the key British values we actively promote.
- Children are involved in democratic processes eg. voting for special choosing activities and shared rewards
- The school council is led by a member of staff and adheres to deocratic processes, reporting its actions to the whole school community as well as the Governing Body.
- The children are involved in the future of the place in which the school sits and have been actively involved in the Haddenham Neighbourhood Plan.
- Pupils have key roles in school, such as representatives from each year group holding positions on the Eco Council and the School Council.
- Within school, pupils are actively encouraged to make choices, knowing that they are in a safe and supportive environment.
- As a school we educate and provide boundaries for young pupils to make choices safely.
- Through our curricular clubs and opportunities, pupils are given the freedom to make choics.
- The aims, ethos and vision statement are embodied in all that we do in school.
- Our PHSE curriculum embodies values of mutual respect through learning about relationships and being a responsible citizen
- Our Sports Coaches actively promote an attitude of equality and fairness.
- Respect is embodied in our school rules and behaviour policy
The Rule of Law
- We have a clearly structured behaviour policy which all stakeholders understand and follow.
- We regularly review behaviour incidents in school and share these with key stakeholders
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
- Our RE curriculum provides a broad and balanced education on a range of faiths, religions and cultures.
- We have a growing number of EAL children and actively use chool resources to promote their learning and in to the school society.
- We teach specific PHSE units of learning delivered based on the wider world.