What is Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years from 2013 onwards to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding and this funding is still ongoing. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money is used so that all children benefit, regardless of their sporting ability.
Sports Premium Funding
Premier Sports lead PE lessons with teachers team teaching alongside them.
The impact of the training includes:
- Developed staff skills in teaching PE
- Wider range of skills covered to a technical level
- Children have more access to different types of sports
- MMS’ trained to a competent level in teaching playground games at lunchtimes
- Greater opportunities to compete within PE lessons
- Staff now have the confidence and skills to lead all dance lessons across the school